Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 28 November 2015

October & November Finishes!

Surprise, surprise... I do have two finishes to show you today!

October's theme first:
Remember some time ago I showed you my "Joy Angel" and she was looking bit strange....

Well, she is all finished now and currently on her way to England to be added to the Christmas Tree of Joy that Clare-Aimetu is organising for her local church.  Hopefully the tree will be full of cross stitched ornies from around the world all with the word "Joy" on them in one form or another.

"Joyful Angels Triptych" (Designer Mona Eno)
Cross Stitch Christmas magazine (1999)
The second finish that I have to show you is my choice for November's theme.  I love snowmen and had a terrible time choosing which one to stitch.... so in the end I didn't do any!!

Instead I went with a Fizzy Moon freebie that I had in my stash...  it is sort of a winter scene, don't you think?

Fizzy Moon Freebie - Cross Stitch Card Shop (issue 92)
This freebie was published in the Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine (issue 92).  I decided to cover the plain white card with a vintage winter scene scrapbook paper that I had and then added a snowflake to fill in the rather large white space at the top.

So that's me all up to date again!!

Now I just have to think about my December choice....


Til next time, happy Christmas Stitching!
Hugs xx
Stitching Noni

7 comments:

Jo said...

Great idea to cover the card.. Very cute

Justine said...

Lovely finishes Noni!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two great ornies. Glad the Angel is all finished now. I also stitched an ornie for Clare. I am really looking forward to seeing the photos of the tree!

Bea said...

Great finishes on both!

Stitching Noni said...

Thank you :o) xx

Carm said...

Great job! Love the Fizzy Moon

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, I know this dilemma when you have many designs of a certain motive and can't decide which one to stitch. But this little guy is a nice motive for November , too, and I think it cxounts perfectly well for a winters scene when he runs around with a sled :)
Lovely angel finish!