Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 10 January 2016

Joy to the World

Hello!
Firstly I just wanted to say thank you for letting me join you all on this wonderful blog!  I have really enjoyed following along with all the beautiful ornaments you all have stitched.

So a little introduction, my name is Khristine and I am from Prince Edward Island Canada.  I have a wonderful boyfriend of 15 years and we have 2 awesome boys, 6 and 2.  Right now I am a stay-at-home mom so I get to enjoy stitching pretty much all day and I am not looking forward to going back to work in a couple years but I will worry about that when the time comes.

I was so excited for my first ornament that I couldn't wait and stitched it in December :)

It is a freebie from La Comtesse & Le Point De Croix.  The fabric was dyed by me as was the red thread.  The green thread is Moss by Fiberlicious.  I think I overdid it with the wild hand dyed fabric but it is starting to grow on me.  But I promise from now on my ornaments won't be so busy. 

I am not sure if I should just leave the ornament like this or add some red felt behind it.  This was all I had left of this color but if I did add felt I think I would use this shade of red.

.

Happy Stitching,
Khristine




19 comments:

twinpeakprimitives said...

It is a beautiful stitching! I love the fabric ♥

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Very nice!

craftingpaws said...

Very cute ornament and love the fabric!

Bea said...

You did a lovely ornament. And welcome to the group.

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you! That is the first piece of fabric I ever dyed myself so it was fun to be able to use it. :)

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you!!

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you! It really was fun to stitch on :)

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you so much! It is such a lovely group to be part of :)

Brigitte said...

The ornament is so lovely, who a wonderful fabric colour this is.

Rita said...

Welcome! Beautiful ornament! You did a great job on the dying too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your first finish.

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you! I am glad you like the fabric :)

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you! I really enjoying dyeing my own fabric but the only problem is I don't know if I would be able to recreate the same colors haha.

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you! I can't wait to get my next one finished :)

Lili said...

Lovely ornament!!

Loretta said...

Very pretty!!!!

Stitching Noni said...

Welcome to the group!
I love that fabric you used :o) Great finish!
Hugs xx

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you Loretta!

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you Noni! It was fun to be able to stitch on fabric that I dyed myself :)