Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 4 February 2016

January and February done and dusted!!!

Hello everyone! Happy New Year (belated....)  I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and got lots of stitching done!  I see from all the posts that everyone has chosen some great music designs for January, and there are even some snow designs popping up already!

Well.... would you believe it.... I have manged to finish both my January and February ornies already! So I am feeling mighty proud of myself right now.... :o)

Here we go...

January's theme was Music - I loved looking for something to stitch for this one.  I have so many little Christmas designs that could fit into the theme that I was really stuck for choice!  I did finally decide to stitch a "Christmas Carol" design that feature in the Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine.

"Christmas Chorus" - designer Durene Jones
February's choice was really simple.... I was stitching the Blue Ribbon Designs "Snow Mates" for another SAL so they just had to be my February choice for "Snow"!

"Snow Mates" - designer Blue Ribbon Designs
This design was featured in the Just Cross Stitch 2015 Christmas Ornaments magazine.  I stitched it using mainly DMC but did have a Weeks Dye Works "Hunter" in my stash so was able to do the border in the called for colour.

So that's me up to date for a change!



Til next time.... Happy Christmas Stitching
Hugs xx

12 comments:

Jo said...

Well done. I love the snow design. Very cute

Brigitte said...

You're my hero, Leonie, lol. This musical ornament is so sweet, great choice. And also the snow related one.

Khristine Doiron said...

Look at you go!! Beautiful stitching on both ornaments!!

Loretta said...

Great finishes!!!! I am working on Soul Mates myself for this month's ornament.

Annie said...

Lovely projects:) How nice to have done February's ornament already!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Two beautiful designs at the same time, congratulations!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on stitching both designs already! I said there would be some doubling up!

craftingpaws said...

Great job! Your stitching is absolutely adorable.

Lili said...

Sweet ornaments!! :)

Bea said...

Great choices and both beautifully stitched.

Rita said...

I love them both!

AnaCristina said...

I love "Let it snow"...so cute! Where I live doesn´t snow.