Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 10 April 2016

Serendipitous Jo's April Ornie - Ornaments/Decorations

I have decided to stitch the Christmas Cubes by Primitive Hare as my Christmas project this year.  I looked at the themes which Kaye had chosen for this year and all but two are covered by the Cubes.  Perfect!  It does mean that I will stitch the letters out of order but I can cope with that.

Here is Cube 4 - T:



I'm stitching them on a lovely 35 count linen called Country Mocha by Willow Fabrics using the recommended DMC.  I have changed the white to B5200 rather than Blanc because it will pop more against the neutral fabric.   I made a few changes to this one.  One was a forced change because I made a booboo with the placement of the central ornie which meant the snowman was also too low down.  Luckily there was enough room for the T to fit in.  The other change was adding a Santa charm instead of the rusty bells shown on the cover photo of the chart.



And here is the set so far:



ps the snowman isn't charted with eyes but I wonder if he needs them?







7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Your ornaments look so pretty, Jo - I am yet to decide upon my design - I am having trouble finding something that I really want to stitch.

Bea said...

That's a terrific choice for April Jo, and beautifully stitched. If you're taking votes, I think he needs eyes.

Brigitte said...

So nice how your cube designs fit into the monthly themes.
I always give them eyes no matter how small they arE.

Lili said...

Really pretty! I think is fun the snowman without eyes.

Khristine Doiron said...

I love your project and I look forward to your updates each month. I like your snowman with no eyes but where the other snowman has a whole face I might give the little one eyes. Either way it is so nice!

Stitching Noni said...

Great finish for April :o)
Love you snowman... he would look great with eyes but he looks fine without them! :o)
Hugs xx

Loretta said...

Very pretty!!!