Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Monday 30 January 2017

12 Days of Christmas - 1st Day

12 Days of Christmas - Plum Street Samplers
Free design - link to the Plum Street Samplers "Grand Finale" blog post is here

I have been wanting to stitch this design since the last of the blocks were released in December 2015 and this year's double theme was the perfect excuse for me to finally start stitching it!

But I just had to be very different... and I have gone for slightly different/non traditional colours than the recommended colours... as you will see from the pic below:
I am stitching this on 28ct Jobelan "Gold Digger" from Colour Cascade Fabrics and using threads from Jodyri Designs.  The colours I am using are: Sense & Sensibility, Wuthering Heights, The Olde Curiosity Shoppe and Into Midnight (the border).

I am really loving how the First Day has turned out.... so onto the Second Day!

Til next month... happy Christmas stitching!

9 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

I love your colors!! I stitched mine last year and wish I would have waited until this year so I could have used it here. Oh well :)

Rita said...

Beautiful! I collected those freebies too and really need to stitch them.

Kaisievic said...

Noni, fabulous colour choices - I love them!

Bea said...

Love your colour changes. It's going to be fun watching this one.

Lili said...

Love your colour choice! Very pretty!

Brigitte said...

Great colour choice.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

I really like!

Faith... said...

Love your color choices, looks very nice!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great colour choices. I ought to finish-finish mine this year!