Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 1 January 2017

Serendipitous Jo's December Ornie - Angel

Throughout all of 2016 I was stitching the Christmas Cubes by The Primitive Hare for each relevant month on this blog.  I finished stitching them in November and finally finished finishing them the Friday before Christmas, just in time!

Here are all nine on display:


I backed them all with the same holly print fabric and made low-sew cubes using my own technique.  Each cube took about 2 hours to finish.

Having complete the series I needed a design for December.  I had already decided to follow the 12 Days of Christmas themes for 2017 and had chosen a Joan Elliott design for this.  As luck would have it, the design features two Herald Angels at the top.  So I have completed one to fulfil the December 2016 theme.


I haven't quite completed her, she needs some beads to go in the little gaps but I will bead at the end.  There is also some metallic thread to go around the border.

Here is the whole piece so far:

stitched on 32 count white evenweave

7 comments:

Bea said...

She looks terrific and a lovely last pattern for 2016.

Kaisievic said...

Your heraldic angel is so very pretty, Jo. A great choice for December.

Lili said...

The cubes are lovely!!
Your angel is so pretty!!

Khristine Doiron said...

I adore those cubes! And your angel is so pretty! That is a lot of stitching! Looking forward to seeing your progress on it this year :)

Stitching Noni said...

Great finishes throughout the year Jo :o) Your cubes look amazing! Love your angel for Dec! I am really looking forward to seeing this design unfold as the year goes by! :o)

Brigitte said...

I love your Christmas cubes. And your new project will also be a beautiful one.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

The angel is lovely!
I look forward to the result!